About the Role
As Little Spoon’s , you will hold a pivotal role in establishing robust accounting practices from the ground up. Your primary focus will encompass inventory and general accounting functions, while also playing a key supporting role in our company’s first GAAP audit. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring financial accuracy, transparency, and adherence to accounting standards.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations and general ledger entries.
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements, ensuring accuracy and adherence to GAAP.
- Drive the month-end and year-end close processes, reconciling accounts and resolving discrepancies.
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure data integrity.
- Provide insightful analysis of metrics, highlighting key performance indicators to aid in decision-making.
- Play a key supporting role in the planning, coordination, and execution of the first GAAP audit.
- Oversee and maintain accurate and up-to-date records of inventory transactions, including purchases, sales, and adjustments.
- Perform regular reconciliations to ensure inventory accuracy between the accounting system and physical goods on hand.
- Analyze inventory data to identify trends, monitor stock levels, and optimize inventory turnover.
- Collaborate with the operations, logistics and procurement teams along with 3PLs to manage inventory levels efficiently and reduce excess stock.
- Implement and improve inventory controls to minimize shrinkage, damage, and inventory carrying costs.
- Assess existing accounting processes, identifying areas for improvement and automation.
- Develop and implement standardized accounting policies and procedures.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to integrate accounting practices into various business functions.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a subscription-based and/or food/CPG business with fast-moving inventory across multiple locations
- CPA preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and inventory accounting
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and the ability to roll up your sleeves
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and Quickbooks Online
- Basic knowledge of SQL a plus but not required
Little Spoon is the leading direct-to-consumer brand on a mission to make parents’ lives easier through high quality, healthy meal and snack-time solutions for babies, toddlers + big kids. Little Spoon sets children up for a lifetime of health, from a baby’s very first bites through to their big kid years, with a portfolio of freshly-made baby food, early finger foods, toddler and big kid meals and snacks. Since launch, the company has delivered more than 31 million meals, helping to simplify the lives of hundreds of thousands of parents across the US. Little Spoon and its community platform, Is This Normal, are here to disrupt the +$100B children’s health and wellness market, offering modern solutions, trusted resources, and a new way to connect with a network of parents. Learn more at LittleSpoon.com and IsThisNormal.co, or find Little Spoon on Instagram at @LittleSpoon.
At Little Spoon we are fully committed to building a safe and inclusive workplace – a place where our team can think differently, challenge the status quo and have a little fun in the process. We have zero tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate and will not make any hiring decisions on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.